Popular posts from this blog
Aug 6 1918--to Mother
8 P.M. Dear Mother, I guess you think I have forgotten to write but I have not. Been busy traveling ever since I left Camp Upton and glad that we are at last settled for a while at least until we build up this new American town and show the French people, what the U.S.A. boys can do. Just got an envelope now and so I will mail this letter as soon as I finish writing to you. Had a tooth bothering me the other day but it feels better today but if it get any worse will go to the Camp Dentist. That are going to issue tobacco soon so I will have to get a pipe somewhere soon and I will feel more at home than lately. We work 8 1/2 hour every day and 6 1/2 hours on Saturday. Last Sunday we work all day in order to get things straightened out. Don't worry about me over here as they say I am getting fat but don't feel that way as my clothes still fit me. While at Camp Humphry I lost about 12 lbs but think I have gai...
April 10 1919
Dear Honey, Well this is the last day of my leave here, so I thought I would write to you and also send a few pictures of your soldier boy home. Gee I wish it was the real thing going instead of just the picture. I also sent a few souvenirs home in a cigar box, maybe I might get over there before the box does. I wish I could. The last few days I have been staying around Monte Carlo, on acct of being broke.no I am not the only one broke why some of the boys had only been here about three days and had twice as much money as I had and were dead broke, I have about ten francs yet out of 225 that I brought with me. Oh well when I get back to camp I will get paid about (127 franc) beside 38 francs that is owed to me and then I will be ready for another leave, that is if we don't go home soon. Yesterday I wrote a letter to Laura and one to Grace, sending each of them a picture that leave me ten, so I will send four in this letter and having already sen...
Comments
Post a Comment